Smart Tale Support
Welcome to use the services of Smart Tale (“Smart Tale” or “We”). These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to the use of all services provided by Smart Tale, including games developed and/or published by Smart Tale and aforementioned games’ webpages, Smart Tale, and other services, such as applications or any social functions of the aforementioned services or any other services Smart Tale has attached these Terms to (“Services”). These Terms govern the relationship between you (“You” or “User”) and Smart Tale regarding the use of the Services. By downloading, installing, accessing or using any part of the Services You agree to these Terms and accept to be bound by them. These Terms affect your legal rights and obligations, so if You do not agree to the Terms, You may not use Our Services.
Together with you and the rest of our community, we want to create the future of entertainment. To accomplish this, we set out below the terms and conditions (« Terms« ) that you, a user, and Smart Tale (« we, » « our, » or « us« ) must follow, and are a legally binding agreement between you and us.
In particular, we want to point out that by accepting these Terms, you and we are agreeing to arbitrate any dispute between us, and you are giving up your right to go to court either individually (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court) or as part of a class action, except as otherwise provided by the European General Data Protection Regulation. See the Dispute Resolution and Arbitration section below for details.
We also want to make sure that you know that by accepting these Terms and for purposes of facilitating the Service, you are agreeing to grant us a non-exclusive license to use, online and offline, whatever you create or in the past have created while using the Service.
Acceptance of Terms
- Legal Agreement. By using or visiting any of our websites, any of our products, software, applications, content, test environments, data feeds, forums, the Platform and the Service, event or any other event that we hold and you attend, you signify your agreement to these Terms and the following, all of which are incorporated by reference and shall be included within the definition of Terms. If you do not agree to all these policies, rules and the Terms, you may not use the Service. In order to agree to these Terms, you need to (1) be 18 or older, or have your parent or guardian’s consent to agree to the Terms, and (2) have the power to enter a binding contract with us and not be barred from doing so under any applicable laws.
- Changes to Terms. We reserve the right to update or modify the Terms at any time without prior notice, and such changes will be effective immediately upon being posted through the Service; however, material changes to these Terms will be effective upon the earlier of (i) your first use of the Service with actual notice of such change, or (ii) 30 days from the posting of such change. Your use of the Service following any such change constitutes your agreement to be bound by the modified Terms. These Terms will identify the date of the last update. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of the Terms in place at the time the Dispute arose. « Disputes » means any dispute, action, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal or equitable basis, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. We encourage you to review these Terms frequently to stay informed of the latest modifications.
- Additional Policies. Your use of the Service is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to the Service, and all such additional documents are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
- Use. Some of the things you can do through the Service are listed directly below. (What you can actually do in the list below will depend on your age, the type of account you sign up to, whether you create UGC and allow the use by others of that UGC, and other factors.) These Terms apply to all users of the Service no matter what you do. « UGC » means the following that you control, have the ability to license, have ownership of, will Provide (as defined below), or have Provided: (a) Content Services (as defined below) and (b) any modifications, changes, or derivative works by you or that you otherwise own or control of any of those types of data or works that are on, in, or used with the Service. « Provide » or « Publish » means to create, modify, or generate through the Service, or upload, post, publish, or otherwise provide to, for, or through us, someone, or something on behalf of us or the Service. « Content Services » means all types of content, including games (and all characters, assets, names and other items in the games), avatars and other characters, digital clothing and other digital assets for avatars and other characters, models (2D, 3D or otherwise), artwork, reviews, text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, images, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features, names, usernames, logos, Dev Services (as defined below), and other materials, works, items or content (standalone or in combination).
- Create/Develop/Modify/Contribute. Create, develop, modify and contribute Content Services, which may be available to some or all of the users of the Service. The Service includes tools and interfaces that users can use to create, play, interact and socialize. Users who create Dev Services (as defined below) and Publish the Dev Services, we call « Devs« . Other users on the Service can interact, use and in some cases acquire the Dev Services. « Dev Services » means the following Content Services created by Devs: (a) games/experiences (« Dev Game Services« ), (b) anything that is made available (through the Service) for consideration to other users in and for Dev Game Services, such as game passes or digital content, items or abilities for use in or for Dev Game Services (« Dev Game Item Services« ). Keep in mind that Devs are users like you. So, we welcome you to become a Dev. Also keep in mind that whether you are a Dev or other type of user, you are governed by these Terms. Also, we reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to pre-screen, refuse to accept, post, display or transmit your Content Services through the Service in whole or in part at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice and with no liability.
- Changes or Discontinuance of the Service. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service) without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service.
- Third-Party Services. We may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information to third-party services, including through features that allow you to link your account with an account on a third-party service, such as Twitter or Facebook, or through our implementation of third-party buttons (such as « like » or « share » buttons). Third-party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for any third-party service’s use of your exported information. The Service may also contain links to third-party websites. Linked websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their content. If you click on a linked website, we are not responsible for such website’s use of your data. You agree that your use of the Service may incur third-party fees, such as fees charged by your carrier for data usage, and may be subject to third-party terms, such as your carrier’s terms of service, and you agree to pay all such fees and abide by all such terms. By using the Service, you expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website or third-party services.
- Your Account. To access some of the Service features on the Platform, you will need to create an account (« Account« ). When you register for an Account or update the information, you agree to provide us an accurate age and information that you will keep up-to-date at all times (providing inaccurate information is a violation of these Terms). You may never allow anyone else to use your Account (except your parents or legal guardian). If you have reason to believe that your Account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at email@example.com. If anyone asks for your password or personal information (such as your name, address or phone number), please use the Report Abuse feature to immediately report the user and situation. You agree that we may take steps to verify the accuracy of information you provide, including contact information for a parent or guardian.
- Suspension/Termination. If you violate any provision of these Terms, your permission to use the Service will terminate automatically. In addition, we may, in our sole discretion, (a) suspend or terminate your Account and/or your access to the Service, or (b) remove any of your Content Services, at any time, without notice for any reason. We will have no liability whatsoever as a result of any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service. If you are under 18, your parent/guardian may request the termination of your Account by contacting our customer support.
Smart Tale and Developer Exchange
- Smart Tale
- License to Use. We, in our sole discretion, may offer eligible users of the Service the ability to acquire a limited license to use our virtual currency. If we offer you the ability to acquire a limited license to use Smart Tale, we hereby grant you a non-exclusive, revocable, personal, limited, non-transferable (except as specifically set out in Section 4A(2)(e) below) right and license to use Smart Tale only for your personal, entertainment use exclusively in connection with the Service as permitted by us, subject to these Terms.
- Final Payment. All payments for Smart Tale are final and not refundable or exchangeable, except as required by applicable law. You may not transfer, assign, sell, gift, exchange, trade, convert, lease, sublicense, rent, or distribute Smart Tale except through the Service and as expressly permitted by us. Any disposition or attempted disposition of Smart Tale in violation of these Terms will be void and will result in immediate termination of your Account and your license to use Smart Tale. We do not recognize or condone any third-party services that may be used to sell, exchange, transfer, or otherwise dispose of Smart Tale. We do not assume any responsibility for, and will not support, such transactions.
- No Obligation. Neither us nor any third party has any obligation to exchange Smart Tale for anything of value, including, but not limited to, real currency, except as expressly provided in these Terms or otherwise required by applicable law. We, in our sole discretion, may impose limits on Smart Tale, including, but not limited to, the amount that may be acquired, earned, or redeemed.
- Reservation of Rights. Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law and except for the limited licenses granted under these Terms, we reserve and retain all rights, title, and interest in and to Smart Tale.
- Absolute Right. We, in our sole discretion, have the absolute right to manage, modify, suspend, revoke, and terminate your license to use Smart Tale without notice, refund, compensation, or liability to you, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law. We make no guarantee as to the nature, quality, or value of Smart Tale or the availability or supply thereof.
Making Payments, Receiving Payments, Billing, Refundability and Dispute Resolution
- Disputes Between Devs and Payors
Disputes Regarding Dev Game Services and Dev Game Item Services. If you have any problems or concerns with Dev Game Services or Dev Game Item Services, you should contact the Dev of the Dev Game Services or Dev Game Item Services to resolve the issue. Although we are not responsible for any such issues, we have an interest in making sure that we keep the Service a good experience for all involved. As such, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to intervene in and assist in attempting to resolve issues between Devs and Payors. To escalate any such problem to us, please first make a good faith attempt to work out a solution with the Dev. After such a good faith attempt, you may escalate to our Customer Service completing the online help form. If we choose to take action, Devs and Payors agree that our decision is final and Devs and Payors shall abide by that decision. You agree to work with us in a timely manner to resolve all such issues, and failure to do so is considered a violation of these Terms.
- Intellectual Property-
- Ownership of our Intellectual Property. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service (« Intellectual Property » or « IP« ) are protected by law. All IP contained in the Service is our property or our users’ or third-party licensors’ property. The IP includes UGC that has been licensed to us by our users under Section 6(B)(3) below. Except as expressly authorized by us in these Terms, you may not make use of any IP contained in the Service unless you get separate permission from the owner. We reserve all rights to the IP not granted expressly in these Terms.
- License. Subject to your ongoing compliance with these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Service on compatible devices that you own or control for your personal, entertainment use. This includes the right to download and use software that we make available for download as part of the Service, in object code form only. This software is licensed, not sold, to you for use only pursuant to the Terms and only in connection with your use of the Service.
- Restrictions. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense any portion of the Service, including software. You may not copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code, modify, or create derivative works of the Service or any downloaded or underlying software or technology (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law), nor attempt to disable or circumvent any security or other technological measure designed to protect the Service, including any protections for Content Services.
- Breach. If you breach these license restrictions, or otherwise exceed the scope of the licenses granted herein, you may be subject to prosecution and damages, as well as liability for infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Updates. These Terms will govern any updates provided to you by us that replace and/or supplement any part of the Service, unless such update is accompanied by a separate license, in which case the terms of that license will govern.
- Third-Party Materials Disclaimer. Certain portions of the Service may include, display, or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties (« Third-Party Materials« ). You understand that by using the Service, you may encounter Third-Party Materials, such as third-party advertisements and promotional content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language, and that may contain links or references to objectionable material. Nevertheless, you agree to use the Service at your sole risk and that we shall not have any liability to you for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, objectionable, inaccurate, incomplete, untimely, invalid, illegal, of poor quality or otherwise.
- Online Safety. Smart Tale cares about the safety of our users. If you see any content or materials (including Third Party Materials) on the Service that appears to recruit, entice, advertise, or solicit any person to perform a commercial sexual act, please use the Contact Us form.
- Use at Own Risk. In addition, third-party services (as discussed above) and Third-Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to from your device are not available in all languages or in all countries. We make no representation that such services and materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to access such services or materials, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws.
You agree that you will be responsible for your use of the Service, and you agree to defend and indemnify us and our officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, investors, business partners, subsidiaries and agents (together, the « Affiliated Parties« ) from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) your access to, use of, or alleged use of the Service; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property or proprietary right, publicity or privacy right, property right, or confidentiality obligation; or (d) any Dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of that claim.
Disclaimers; No Warranties.
- « As Is. » the Service AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH the Service ARE PROVIDED « AS IS » AND ON AN « AS AVAILABLE » BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE AFFILIATED PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO the Service AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH the Service, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. THE AFFILIATED PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT the Service OR ANY PORTION OF the Service, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH the Service, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
- No Responsibility. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH the Service WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE AFFILIATED PARTIES OR US THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO the Service, YOUR DEALING WITH ANY OTHER USERS ON THE SERVICE, AND ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH the Service. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE the Service, AND USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS OR CONTENT THROUGH the Service AND ANY ASSOCIATED SITES OR SERVICES, AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH the Service), OR THE LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF THAT MATERIAL OR CONTENT. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation of Liability
- No Consequential Damages. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AFFILIATED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, the Service OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON the Service, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
- Cap. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE AFFILIATED PARTIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF the Service OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO $1,000 (EXCEPT AS NOTED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW).
Dispute Resolution, Arbitration and No Class Actions
- No Class Actions and Severability. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR OUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, except as otherwise provided by the European General Data Protection Regulation. You and we agree as follows: (a) neither you nor we will seek to have a Dispute heard as a class action, private attorney general action, or in any other proceeding in which either party acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity; (b) no arbitration or proceeding can be combined with another without the prior written consent of all parties to the arbitration or proceeding; and (c) if the class action waiver or any part of this Section 11 is found to be illegal or unenforceable as to all or some parts of a Dispute, those parts will be severed and proceed in a court of law, with the remaining parts proceeding in arbitration.
- Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law principles. If a lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted under these Terms, you and we agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within the Northern District of California for the purpose of litigating any Dispute, except as otherwise provided by the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union.
- Arbitration of Disputes
- Agreement to Arbitrate. You and we agree to arbitrate all Disputes (except those exceptions specifically set out in the next subsection) between you and us or our affiliates, except Disputes related to our intellectual property rights. You and we empower the arbitrator with the exclusive authority to resolve any Dispute, including without limitation any part of these Terms are void or voidable.
- Disputes Excluded from Arbitration. You and we agree that nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit your or our right to: (a) bring an individual action in small claims court; (b) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (c) seek injunctive relief in a court of law; (d) lodge a complaint or remedy under the GDPR; or (e) file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim or to compel or uphold any arbitration decision hereunder. In such cases, neither you nor we shall need to follow the informal negotiations procedure and timeline set out in the next subsection.
- Commencing Arbitration. If you and we do not resolve a Dispute by informal negotiation, the Dispute shall be settled by binding arbitration before a neutral arbitrator whose decision will be final except for a limited right of appeal under the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE A DISPUTE IN COURT BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY AND GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO A CLASS ACTION. Arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (the « AAA« ) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the « AAA Rules« ). You can find more information at www.adr.org or by calling (800) 778-7879. Arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator may award damages to you individually as a court could, including declaratory or injunctive relief, but only to the extent required to satisfy your individual claim.
Notice Regarding Apple.
To the extent that you are using our mobile applications on an iOS device, you further acknowledge and agree to the terms of this Section 12. You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and us only, not with Apple, and Apple is not responsible for the Service and the content thereof. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support service with respect to the Service. In the event of any failure of the Service to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund any applicable purchase price for the mobile application to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Service. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Service or your possession and/or use of the Service, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third-party claim that the Service and/or your possession and use of the mobile application infringe that third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third-party terms when using the Service. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary of these Terms. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a « terrorist supporting » country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
Any part of these Terms which by their nature should survive the termination of these Terms, shall survive such termination, including without limitation Sections 6(B)(2), 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, and 16.
No waiver of any part of these Terms by either you or us shall be deemed a continuing or further waiver of any such part or any other part of the Terms, and your or our failure to assert any rights or part of these Terms shall not be deemed or otherwise constitute a waiver of such right or part.
These Terms, together with the other documents expressly incorporated by reference into these Terms, are the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and us regarding your use of the Service. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, these Terms may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of all parties to these Terms. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or your rights under these Terms, in whole or in part, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may assign these Terms at any time to any entity without notice or consent. This agreement is binding on and inures to the benefit of our respective heirs, successors and assigns. Use of section headers in these Terms is for convenience only and will not have any impact on the interpretation of any provision. If any part of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the unenforceable part will be given effect to the greatest extent possible (or, if it cannot legally be given any effect, will be severed from these Terms), and the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to confer any rights or benefits on a third party (other than Apple as noted in the « Notice Regarding Apple » section). YOU AND WE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Consent to Electronic Communications.
Compliance with Laws.
You will comply with all laws in your use of the Services, including any applicable export laws. You will not directly or indirectly export, re-export, or transfer the Services to prohibited countries or individuals or permit use of the Services by prohibited countries or individuals.
The Service is offered by Smart Tale located at Place Felix Rey, 13200 Arles. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address, completing the online help form (firstname.lastname@example.org).